Thread: Firefighters
View Single Post
Old 06-20-2007, 04:23 AM   #3
Glenn and Lorraine
Montana Master

M.O.C. #420
As a volunteer firefighter for over 25 years I vouch for the chances we had to take and, like you David, I never had anything even close to this happen to me personally. But in those 25 years I did partake in way too many firefighter's funeral services. It takes a very courageous, dedicated, caring individual to enter into a dangerous cituation when everyone else is fighting to get out of harms way. In my mind they are true heros but anyone of those 9 firefighter's would disagree with that hero name tag. Many firefighters do not want to be called a hero afterall they were "just doing their job'. Paid or volunteer makes no difference they all feel they have a duty to the community and are willing to put their lives on the line so others may live. Many of my non-firefighting relatives and non-firefighting friends thought we were all crazy. Crazy until the cituation arose where they needed our services.

The Charlestown firefighter's family, friends and all firefighters the world over will be in our thoughts and prayers.
Glenn and Lorraine is offline   Reply With Quote