View Single Post
Old 01-28-2020, 11:49 AM   #50
DutchmenSport
Montana Master

M.O.C. #22835
We purchased our 2019 MHC 375FL in September 2018 and the first trip out the closet shelf completely broke away from the wall which also supported the clothes bar. I talked to my dealership about it, but we were 500 miles from home and used a temporary brace, which later became a rebuild of the shelf with supports than ran to the bottom of the closet floor.

Also, we just got home from the dealership, the original purchases. Opened the first slide (bedroom) and heard a "crunch". Cabinet doors opened up in transit and hinges and trim on the slide were destroyed. I'm a hobbiest carpenter was able to fix them myself. Then went around a replaced most of the catches and attached child proof catches on everything.

Then the bedroom door broke away from the wall... the frame was dangling. And the main entry door would not shut right, and the bathroom door wasn't aligned right either. Warranty did fix those thing.

After that, things started falling apart, like the aluminum sides than run under the underbelly. All the screws holding that aluminum on tore through the aluminum. I suppose the frame flexed. I fixed that myself, especially since we were a few hundred miles from home. I reinstalled the screws with gigantic washers over them and lots and lots of liquid nails.

Then one of the brakes broke . or something. Warranty fixed that one too. I still don't know what happened, I think a spring broke and whatever it was, it ground up everything inside the hub.

The bad part about getting warranty work done from the originating dealership is the horrid wait time.

This is our Keystone trailer and been happy with the first 2. This is our second purchase from the same dealership. When the dealership expanded and made a bigger service center, well, it seems they made the facilities bigger but didn't bring on any more employees. What good is that?

So, everything else that fell off, broke, or I messed up myself, I simply rebuilt, fixed, or modified myself. And YouTube was my best friend.
DutchmenSport is offline   Reply With Quote