View Single Post
Old 01-08-2020, 08:14 PM   #42
Gutz54
Seasoned Camper

M.O.C. #23468
Quote:
Originally Posted by jpwhite View Post
Closing in on one year of new ownership experience I've concluded the RV industry is a disaster.

The OEM's / supplier relationship is opposite that of the auto industry. No effective quality controls. No apparent mentality of continuous improvement. There is no comparison. All the hundreds of brands are owned by a few conglomerates who output minor variations of the same assemblies of purchased parts from a few massive and more powerful suppliers who make all the frames, hydraulics, tankage, furniture, equipment, electronics and appliances.

Warrantee service is painful. Waiting for ridicules approvals through the layers of responsible legal entities no matter how obvious the problem or well documented it is. No one seems to stock parts, so getting them is a waiting game and a crap shoot as to whether the right one is delivered and undamaged. All this results in significant down time for an expensive asset in the first year of ownership and missing out on the intended recreational purpose.

Ok, got that off my chest.
Well I keep hearing similar stories more and more--my wife and I bought a Montana 3811 last year but have only taken her on one short trip--so far no problem. If this is really is a systemic problem they will pay dearly for their lack of quality control and service---someone will come to the plate and offer what consumers want and the rest will quickly go out of business. Customer satisfaction is number one--when a company forgets that simple face they are doomed.
Gutz54 is offline   Reply With Quote