View Single Post
Old 02-29-2008, 01:32 AM   #10
Glenn and Lorraine
Montana Master

M.O.C. #420
Steve, As you well know I swear by my SuperGlide. In my humble (me? humble?) there is NO better hitch, or service department, on the market bar none.
I got mine back in Sept 03 and with a few exceptions it has performed flawlessly.
Since getting it, every year when we go to the Fall Rally I pay a visit to the PUllrite plant. Every year except 07 they have made some minor adjustments at NO COST. This past fall (2007) I again went to the plant and they found that some how I had bent the top plate. It was only out about an 1/8th to a 1/4 inch. They removed the entire hitch and rebuilt it from top to bottom. They replaced the hitch plate, the working mechanism and the way bars. They also gave me a can of SLIP Plate to be used on the way bars. The SLIP Plate applies a graphite coating that wears like steel. Yes it is greaseless but you still don't want to touch the way bars as you will get the black graphite on you. I spray the way bars about every 1500 to 2000 miles. In 4 years it has never cost me anything, including 07, except my time.
After I got back to the rally I mentioned to Rich (RC and Samantha) about Pullrite's great service and he took his Superglide to the plant. They went over his hitch as well and again didn't charge a penny.
I know you get to Elkhart most every year and I would definitely recommend you visit the plant and if you do get a Superglide absolutely visit the plant to have them go over it.

BTW-This would apply to any Pullrite hitch that the rest of you may have. The folks at Pullrite told me to spread the word that they will work on any of their hitches, at the plant, at no cost to the owner.

Another BTW-The Pullrite plant is at 13790 East Jefferson Blvd, Mishawaka, IN about 25 minutes from the Goshen fairgrounds
Glenn and Lorraine is offline   Reply With Quote