View Single Post
Old 10-05-2020, 06:20 PM   #41
golfafter45

M.O.C. #23689
I park tires on carpet if they are going to set for months at a time, I don't worry about it for a couple of weeks at a time. For those that want to argue, go ahead but I won't respond. I'll tell a short story so my opinion has some credibility. One year I parked my pick-up in my shop on the concrete before I took the motorhome for Florida. It had brand new tires on it. Those tires had about 150 miles on them and they had been driven on snow and mud at the ranch. 6 months later when I returned there was a perfect image of the tread of my tires on the concrete in the shop when I moved the pick-up.. So, no tar absorbed from asphalt was deposited to the parking spot but oils from the tire must have leached into concrete. Did I notice any flat spots or deterioration, No...but my pick-up tires get ate up by gravel roads and don't last over 25,000 miles anyhow. I do feel that trailer tires and motorhome tires would suffer minor damage and an old piece of carpet is cheaper than new tires or replacing fenders when the tread slips off of tires.
golfafter45 is offline   Reply With Quote