View Single Post
Old 07-08-2020, 03:27 PM   #20
sourdough
Montana Master

M.O.C. #26010
It doesn't appear the OP has replied back so my thoughts;

I had them put Sailun S637s on this trailer before it left the lot. It had OEM Ranier tires which I knew nothing about and didn't want to find out.

The Goodyears appear to be good tires so far. They are not readily available from my efforts looking into them. Example; when I was looking for a tire to put on this trailer; Goodyear G614 was special order everywhere I called; Sailun; 63 in stock and I wanted a tire that was readily available! Additionally the Goodyear was about double the cost of the Sailun. Only got a couple thousand miles on them now and did great towing. So far I'm happy.

As far as China made vs ? I think it's a matter of generalizations, stereotyping and the failure or inability to dig into the facts of failures. I had a Trailer King failure on my last trailer that did 7k in damage. Another owner on another forum had a similar failure. Tracking back the manufacturer code they came from the same plant in China; different trailers, different years; same tire/plant. Looking into other failures where anyone could provide any manufacturer code it seemed they all went right back to that plant and/or province.

In the end I decided it's not so much ALL Chinese tires are junk, just some when they come from specific plants. I also think that dictated processes, oversight and QC play a hand in what comes out of those plants.
sourdough is offline   Reply With Quote