View Single Post
Old 06-03-2008, 04:41 AM   #45
richfaa
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2839
This mornings bad news. GM will cease production at 4 North American Plants.. I am wondering what those affected folks did wrong, What poor choice did they make. What sacrifice did they not make. Their choice was to work for GM. Poor choice? Their choice was to buy a home and take out a mortgage... Poor Choice? Their choice was to take out a school loan for themselves or their kids..poor choice? Their choice was to live part of the American dream..Poor choice? Their choice was to save, for retirement and travel..poor choice? They worked and lived within the system.. Good old working folks..No drugs, No Meth labs in the garage. But wait a minute..I don't have those problems.. I am unaffected. I did everything right and they obviously did everything wrong so their plight is their fault.. and I will not spend a single minute feeling sorry for them.If they did what I did ..they would be OK.

Reality.. Your pension, your job, your business, your Mortgage, your truck, your Montana may well be next..What poor choice will you have made.

Now there is very little that I can do as a individual.. But I do acknowledge the problem and understand that the vast majority of these folks and one of them could be or is you and did nothing wrong. We cut back, we conserve, we volunteer to help those in need. As a member of The Lions International we stand in front of Super markets and beg for food for the needy. We give eye examinations to those needy who can not afford them. We do projects and support the community. We buy gifts for the needy kids for Christmas.. We are being overwhelmed this year.

I recall the man and wife who came out of Giant Eagle supermarket with 4 carts over flowing with food and and said take them,Last year we needed this an you provided it.. what a reward.. I do note that most of the posters on this subject understand the problem and some are affected but we acknowledge and we in our own way help.. The rest of us really need to wake up and look around.
richfaa is offline   Reply With Quote