View Single Post
Old 05-26-2008, 06:48 AM   #1
RC and Samantha
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2
Send a message via AIM to RC and Samantha Send a message via Yahoo to RC and Samantha
Electrical Question adding Front Outlet

Hello everyone,

We've been working on, er, trying to get the courage to add a front outlet for our generator. I'd like to be able to use it for shore power if needed as well. I know there are a few threads on this topic already but did not want to high jack someone else's thread.

We had an electrician out here looking at this set up for us. He admitted he does not know very much about camper wiring. He stated that we should only use a 30 amp hook up with our current generator prep. So my question to everyone is this...

Looking at this photo

The word under the shadow in the photo is CIRCUITS

Is that true or can we utilize and use the 50 outlet we purchased already or will we have to wait until tomorrow and take back the 50 amp outlet and exchange it for a 30 amp.

We have generator prep so we have the Iota Switch and all that other stuff that goes with it. We are an early 03 model on the Big Sky so perhaps it was set up for a smaller generator then they now set them up for.

John Kohl has given us some great advise on this so far and the recent threads have helped us immensely. Now we just need to make sure we have crossed all our T's and dotted all our I's before we proceed. (Like how I say we? We'll someone has to be the foreman or project manager, right? )

In advance thanx for any input.

Patty
RC and Samantha is offline   Reply With Quote