View Single Post
Old 03-19-2013, 04:30 PM   #1
bncinwv
Montana Master

M.O.C. #6846
Could not resist adding to the maritime fleet

The last couple of times we were in Sam's Club I was inexplicably drawn to a small ride-on-top kayak (8' length). $199 for a kit that includes the paddles. We have a sit-in 10' kayak that I mess around in on the river, but the ever-present of feeling like the daggone thing is going to flip with me in it is unsettling to say the least. The ride-on-top models are supposedly more stable since they have a flatter bottom profile. So, the third time is a charm came to fruition, because I could not pass by the display again this weekend and ended up bringing it home. I was diplomatic about it at least, I was itemizing everything DW had in the cart and when her total hit $200, I immediately sprung into action and asserted that since she had spent that much, I was entitled to it. So, after the assertive statement (and just a little bit of grovelling, begging and pouting) she gave in to my charm. Now, if I could just magically make the river water temperature get substantially above the 38 degree mark, I may be able to test it out! She is truly the admiral of a fleet now with four water toys in all! She is adamant that she will not be using either of the miniature water toys!
Bingo

Bingo and Cathy - Our adventures begin in the hills of WV. We are blessed by our 2014 3850FL Big Sky (previous 2011 3750FL and 2007 3400RL) that we pull with a 2007 Chevy Silverado Classic DRW CC dually.
bncinwv is offline   Reply With Quote