View Single Post
Old 06-05-2022, 07:34 PM   #14
MandK
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #28430
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikendebbie View Post
I have no experience working on spring hangers, brakes…any of that stuff. I watched the morryde video and it did not look that difficult. Did you have all 4 wheels off the ground before starting the install? How would you rate this job on the difficulty scale for rookies like me?
Yes all four wheels off the ground. I put jack stands under the frame for safety but the 6 point level works great. I had the wheels off because I checked the wheel bearings the same day. I used a floor jack to hold the equalizer where I needed it to pull the wet bolts and reinsert the longer ones that come with the kit. for the rear spring hanger I put the floor jack under the drum to hold the spring eye where it needed to be. If you have a floor jack or hydraulic bottle jack and a torque wrench, I would rate it easy. I had to shave an 1/8" or so off the center x factor at the top end so it would fit under my propane line. I used a 4" angle grinder. I think that I just got a little unlucky there because as posted above someone said the x factor fits under the propane line, and it did on the rear hanger. The propane pipe was just a little low on the center one and I didn't want them to touch.
MandK is offline   Reply With Quote