View Single Post
Old 07-21-2018, 10:20 AM   #4
Beverly
Seasoned Camper

M.O.C. #21957
Jeff,

Thank you soooo much. As a matter of fact we picked that RV park in Amarillo. We were thinking of going through Silverthorn instead of going through Denver and then heading north on Blue River Parkway towards Rawlings. Still researching the road though to make sure we wont be aggravating the other drivers by driving slow. Will def research the Flaming Gorge... thank you soo much for your input

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffba View Post
Well depending on the time you have, I would make it a loop NM, CO, WY, and then MT then back WY, SD, NE, KS, OK and TX

Denver is not as bad to drive though as Dallas. Bad but not as bad.

We have stayed at a campground West of Amarillo on 40 for the night. it has a buried travel trailer. Good over nighter. Eagle Nest KOA spent a few night there. Would stay again. Loveland CO we stay at Riverview. Have stayed ar RockSprings KOA for a few nights to see Flaming Gorge. Would stay there again.

Rocksprings and Amarillo are gravel parking lots with a stray tree or 2 with hookups. Neither were chosen for aesthetics.

DW thought I was nuts for Rocksprings until we did the loop around Flaming Gorge. Then I got high marks.
Haven't quite made it to MO yet.
Beverly is offline   Reply With Quote