View Single Post
Old 05-24-2022, 05:40 PM   #63
CaptnJohn
Montana Master

M.O.C. #19865
Quote:
Originally Posted by BB_TX View Post
There is the old saying money doesn’t buy happiness. Neither does all the high tech gizmos we have now. Over all my 76 years of people I know and have known both personally and professionally it has been more likely those with the least were overall the happiest. Those with the most were often the least happy with their position in life. Seems they were often obsessed about keeping what they had even though it was more than most, and adding even more to what they did have. And the pressures that go along with that. And the percentage of people happy with their life was greater in my earlier years than my later years. People were less concerned about reaching the top or at least keeping up with the Joneses. They were simply content to enjoy life as they could. And I have lived life from both sides, having just enough to get by to being very comfortable.
So very true! We just got by but had everything needed growing up. Damn poor after the military as no one wanted to hire a disabled combat vet. By my 40s comfortable, now at 74 easily help others. Those that never had to struggle have no idea what some are going through. Those in the midst of a struggle are often very happy. I was most excited at 15 buying my 1st car at the scrapyard for $50 and when it was done traded it in for $35, went from a '55 Plymouth to a "55 Dodge. Saved and paid CASH! I've never thought poorly or jealous of anyone, no matter what they have or don't ~~ sadly that no longer is often true!
CaptnJohn is offline   Reply With Quote