View Single Post
Old 08-16-2006, 01:13 PM   #4
Glenn and Lorraine
Montana Master

M.O.C. #420
Quote:
quote:Originally posted by indy roadrunner

I am seeing topics that "this broke" "that broke", "this needs attention" "this needs replaced" "look at this and here is a fix" but one thing I miss when reading these types of threads is the age and model and use of the Monty. How long have you had it? Are you a full timer with heavy use or a part timer week-ender. Is this a brand new model or somewhat used or heavly used? If a pin shears in a shaft, have you been using this unit for years with lots of repetitions or is this a newer unit. If a wiring harness breaks, comes loose or what ever - how many times has the slide been cycled. In short, I am going out to my new unit with little use and a lot of the problems I am hearing about is not manifesting itself in my unit. I spent lots of time checking on something that nothing was wrong with. Preventive Maintenance is a good thing don't get me wrong, but with these failures, it would help to have a little more background about the unit.
Sorry Phill & Gladys but these situations apply to all years, all makes, all models, new or used. Of course older units do get more wear and tear than the newer rigs and full timer's rigs even more so but "this broke" "that broke", "this needs attention" "this needs replaced" "look at this and here is a fix" applies to all rigs new or used. You can have the same problems in someone's 2007 Monty as a fellow member has in his 2000 Monty and of course the same problems are not unique to the Montana line but to every RV manufactured, yesterday, today or tomorrow.
Glenn and Lorraine is offline   Reply With Quote