Thread: 15 K for a 3400
View Single Post
Old 01-18-2006, 04:10 PM   #3
dsprik
Montana Master

M.O.C. #4282
Welcome to the forum, Hugh! I believe that the choices are a single main 15K (ducted), or a main 15K (ducted) with an optional 13.5K (non-ducted) in the bedroom. Some have gone with the A/C prep option, and then gone out and bought their own low profile, or quieter, A/C themselves for the 2nd front A/C.

We are ordering a 3400 shortly and we have been convinced that will need the 2nd A/C installed at the factory. There was a discussion a week or so ago (you can do a search on the link at the top of this page), and it became apparent from several posts that if the ambient outside temp exceeds too much over 85 degrees, the single A/C in a 3400 (~400 sq ft of living space). will start to struggle to keep up.

We plan on fulltiming in our Monty, and I am not a "hot weather" person. In N. Mich last summer we endured several weeks of 90+ weather, with 90% humidity (thanks to Lake Michigan). That was in Northern Michigan! I'm really don't want to pull my rig to the Arctic Circle during the summer months to stay withing my comfort range. So... it's a 2nd A/C out of the factory for us.

If this was just going to be a "weekender" for us, it probably would have been a different story... maybe.

*On Edit~ Thanks, Sweetfire. That's the thread I was talking about. I forgot to hit the post button for a bit then saw you posted while I was sitting. Thanks.
dsprik is offline   Reply With Quote