View Single Post
Old 05-16-2013, 03:35 PM   #11
sreigle
Montana Master

M.O.C. #20
Quote:
quote:Originally posted by DQDick

I did the mod suggested by some on the forum of adding a valve to the end of the sewer pipe where it comes out of the rig so that I could shut it and not have to deal with the little surprise many Monty's seem to save up for your first stop after going down the road. In my case I also added a clear 90 and a cap. We'll when I came down from the mountains and stopped for the night I'd forgotten to close that valve and the little surprise was waiting for me. Imagine my surprise when I removed the cap and it was pressurized due to the change in altitude and temperature. As Diesel Guy said on another thread: Remember Robin Williams at the dump station? In the RV'ing world, at times, you learn from your mistakes. Believe me this won't happen to me again.
Dick, there is another little advantage to that trick. When not hooked up to sewer for a few days or so, close that extra valve and open both gray tank valves (be sure the black tank valve is closed). Now those two gray tanks will share capacity. If one usually fills up more quickly you'll find it will go a bit longer, until both are full. Might buy you and extra day or two of boondocking without having to dump.
sreigle is offline   Reply With Quote