View Single Post
Old 10-18-2020, 02:26 PM   #14
DTH
Seasoned Camper

M.O.C. #26146
We have a 2020 3121 legacy package and have a 2020 GMC Denali. Like earlier models, the 2020 does have to have a CAM module to operate. Look up Bulletin PIT5509F from GM. It directs you to use the brake rite CAM adapter to get the truck to recognize the Dexter actuator. I verified through my GMC dealer and through the GM zone service manager that this was their verified fix.

I installed and it does work. Now I have a brake system with parts from three manufactures to have the brakes work. I have since been working with the Zone manager to obtain information from GM engineering that this is a tested and verified resolution. It does not give me confidence that this is a totally reliable system. I have been promised information for over two months but have not received any further information other than the zone managers word. I am very unhappy with GMC for advertising a truck with supposed cutting edge electronics that will not operate rv disc brake systems without modification. Makes me wonder each time I use the brakes if they are actually going to work. GM is not responsive at all. You have to be a bulldog to even get past the dealer.

Good luck in getting yours to work. As I continue to work with my one actual GM contact, I will share any further information.
DTH is offline   Reply With Quote