View Single Post
Old 09-14-2020, 05:45 PM   #25
mtlakejim
Montana Master

M.O.C. #20693
Quote:
Originally Posted by sourdough View Post
Red above ^......You should have worked on that soil. We used to have some of the best gardens anyone around had seen (Hobbs) - we loved it (the garden). I did however spend an inordinate amount of time gathering pickup beds full of cow manure and tilling it in...but stuff would sure grow...
In RED above. You had to add a lot to that soil to get anything to grow. Face it the soil is poor in the part of the country and more importantly water is scarce. They made us use reject water from the well water processing system at the RV park we were at to water the two or three little plants we had. It was a MAJOR pain in the butt. They really preferred you not to have any plants and were always watching the water consumption extremely close. Without the reverse osmosis filter system I doubt the water would have been drinkable it contained so many contaminates. We wouldn't drink it even after filtering. The lack of water is a big reason I did not care for the desert. We love to fish, kayak and watersports. Obviously not much of that in the desert.....
2018 Montana High Country 381TH Garage Full of Toys
mtlakejim is offline   Reply With Quote