View Single Post
Old 08-15-2008, 10:08 AM   #14
Bill-N-Donna
Montana Master

M.O.C. #7110
I had to use the truck bed the other day and removed the hitch. After reading this forum about this subject a while back I decided this was the way to go. I hooked up the fifth wheel, pulled the pins, raised the hitch and away I went; hitch on the fiver.

When I went to hook back up I had to re-adjust a few times but then I sat it back in the very slots it came from. One requirement that made it much easier was that as I was setting it on the bed, I placed the truck in neutral. [I was on a flat area where the truck couldn't roll on its own or become a problem.] I then just set the hitch on the truck bed placing it right where it needed to be and put the pins in place. I un-hooked and the job was finished. Overall it was much easier than I anticipated. I once took it off by man handling it and that was no fun at all; that was also before I added the Blue Ox bed saver to the weight of it. This was really an effortless procedure and how I will deal with using the truck bed in the future. I do not believe that it should cause a problem in any way with the hitch.