View Single Post
Old 02-20-2009, 04:20 PM   #22
Alex Sian
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #7171
Send a message via AIM to Alex Sian
Quote:
quote:Originally posted by exav8tr

Some help here. I ran the speedtest and I am getting 521 kbs download and 327 kbs upload. This is on my laptop which receives its signal from my Phoebus Router. Are these speeds a; lousy b; OK c; good d; great???? What say you in the know??? Appreciate the help......Thanks
they aren't bad numbers... the probably indicate that the cell tower you are connected to is either under moderate/heavy load or maybe suffering other performance issues. the tower that rich was testing from was less loaded and has more internet connectivity to it, than the tower you are connecting to.

next week it could be the other way around and rich's tower sucks and yours rocks. thats the nature of the network.

highly doubt its your setup, though if you have not operated the aircard 595 in laptop with vz access manager in a while, you probably should. it may need to update itself with latest tower information.

the ac 595 is a great card. and if your phoebus is still working then there isn't a whole lot of reason to consider upgrading.

just be careful if you have to replace your laptop. either make sure your next/new laptop still has the right kind of card slot, or plan on side-grading to a new verizon usb modem and a cradlepoint router at the same time.
Alex Sian is offline   Reply With Quote