View Single Post
Old 11-21-2015, 01:57 AM   #1
DonandBonnie
Montana Master

M.O.C. #5906
Fantastic Customer Service

Our new Montana Legacy has the new "In Command" computer control system. The dealer (Tiara) claimed they never saw one before and couldn't offer much help in how it worked. Tiara was able to give us the name of the manufacturer, ASA Electronics. Google told us they were nearby, so on a whim we drove to find them, arriving at the front desk at 4:55pm (quitting time is 5). We explained our situation to the receptionist. Within two minutes Aaron Budzinski and Vince Smith came down. They gave us a few pointers on the system, then suggested that we bring the rig to them for a more complete lesson. The following day we had an appointment for solar installation, so I said I would call as soon as that was finished there. They said they would be available any day on an hours notice.

After the solar work, we returned to ASA with the rig. Aaron and Vince gave us a thorough walk through of the "In Command" system including linking both of our smart phones to the system. During the walk through it appeared that there was an issue with the on board generator. Aaron and Vince determined that the "In Command" system was not the source of the generator issue and suggested that there might be a conflict with the solar interlock. ASA could have said right there that it wasn't their problem, but they didn't. At my request they talked with the solar installer, Brian Burkholder, owner of Solar Energy Systems (Brian gave the seminar at the MOC Rally). The issue couldn't be resolved over the phone, so Brian said he would come right over (he had an hour drive) to figure it out in person. The issue was easily resolved by teaching us a couple do's and don'ts between the "In Command" and the solar systems.

Bottom line of this lengthy post is that Aaron, Vince and Brian now understand more of each system so that they can educate future customers and we have been helped and educated by three folks who when above and beyond to make a customer happy. Thank you Aaron, Vince and Brian. Incidentally, Vince is the inventor/developer of the "In Command" system.
DonandBonnie is offline   Reply With Quote