View Single Post
Old 01-08-2022, 06:32 AM   #21
ChuckS
Montana Master

M.O.C. #20949
If you loosen up the two carriage bolts on the bracket on that guide arm you may find that it has some preload against it which it should not have... this may allow the guide arm to align itself to the gear pack teeth and provide a more even side to side mesh of the gearpack..

I take my gear packs off about once every two years and clean them and lubricate the bronze bushings and look over the gearpack teeth and reinstall.. takes me about a hour to do one slide ( two gear packs ) and thats with a cup of java during the process...

Yes - the two carriage bolts you would loosen on that arm bracket are for side to side adjustment of the slide .. you are not going to be moving the slide side to side - just taking off the preload that I imagine you will find on that one gear pack to guide bar arm... this will also not affect the vertical height because you are not loosening that adjustment bolt and locknut

ONE other consideration that could also be causing the gear pack to guide bar teeth alignment mismatch is... inside the guide bar rod tube assy there are THREE wear tabs... if the wear tab is worn down on the one side it will allow that guide bar to shift over further and further because there is no wear tab OR very little...

These are also easy to change once you remove the guide bar from the frame mounted guide bracket.
ChuckS is offline   Reply With Quote