View Single Post
Old 12-02-2021, 06:34 PM   #11
PNW Fireguy
Montana Master

M.O.C. #18081
The Boeing manufacturing model works well for a lot of companies. Early in my career I struggled with finding ways to wire factory assembled structures with unskilled labor. Learned an awful lot about how people think or don't. I love to see the changes in the industry surrounding technology. The DIY community has put these technologies on the big corporation's maps and with regards to the industry it's a good thing. They have come a long way from "solar prep" connection in the convenience center that is just a 10 AWG bi-cable running to the battery compartment. Just look at the mom & pop shops in the Q from Dec to Mar. The big corps see these dollars and they are now going after them partnering with the larger installers that have partnered with BB/Drogonfly's. We'll see if the demand follows the available options. When we were searching for our last 5er we went to one of the highend custom builders and I a bit surprised to find out there werer things I asked for that they wouldn't even consider doing. They just did not have the technical expertise.

I am afraid that once the glut of RV's that have been built are up for resale, for less than half of their purchase price, that the historical demographic that the RV industry has targeted just won't find the value in the cost of the technology being offered at a premium price by the RV manufacturers. Add to that everybody's brother and neighbor now is a solar "expert" and doing side work.

Just my opinion, your milage may vary.

Your litmus test here in the forum may be a finger on the pulse.
PNW Fireguy is offline   Reply With Quote