View Single Post
Old 08-14-2021, 10:29 AM   #5
MartiS

M.O.C. #28536
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cynstress View Post
Thank you for everyone's response! I did learn from winegard to splice into the wires, but then I was faced with the dilemma of what wire to put with what wire. Montana has a red and a white wire and the winegard power cord comes with a red wire and a black wire. Winegard would not tell me which wire to put with which wire and told me to call Keystone. I called an electrician friend instead since Keystone has been pretty much useless in their customer service thus far. It was recommended that I connect the white wire to the black wire and the red wire to the red wire. The amber light flashes, so it gets power. I then called winegard to activate the SIM card. It is now functioning great. I'm hoping this helps others struggling to connect this thing. As a side note, Winegard's data plan is extraordinarily expensive. I only signed up for 10 gigs for $56. At AT&t I got 40 gigs for $75 and at Verizon I got 15 gigs for $20. However, after speaking with a rather grumpy winegard technician, she walked me through every step in detail. Once that was complete she seemed quite friendly. She gave me about an hour on the phone setting this up which was awesome.
What has your experience been with the Winegard 4GE LTE + Wifi? What data plan(s) are you using?
MartiS is offline   Reply With Quote