Old 06-23-2006, 02:12 PM   #34
sreigle
Montana Master

M.O.C. #20
Quote:
quote:Originally posted by dsprik

Quote:
quote:Originally posted by Glenn and Lorraine

And you won't feel bullied in a SRW either. The "moving in the breeze" when sitting still is normal but I have never experienced any movement at all when being passed on the Interstate by an eighteen wheeler...
Aren't you a Type A, Glenn??? How would you EVER let any 18 wheeler pass you - towing, or not towing???

I know it will happen to me eventually... just have to practice relaxation breathing... Just have to remember - they are "God's children", too. My pastor would be so proud. Now if I can only DO that...

*On Edit~ Question: "How many men (women don't do this) won't pull off at a rest area to use the bathroom, until they ABSOLUTELY have to, because it bugs them too much that the people they just passed will now be in front of them?"

*On 2nd Edit~ Husbands, don't your wife read this. I can hear it now: "Ah HAH!!! So that's why..."
My response is almost identical to Glenn's. I most often run 62 to 64 and get my best mileage at that speed. When fuel prices went up I slowed down. Wallet impact is what I call it.

For every 100 miles traveled (at a constant speed), 70 mph will get you there 8 minutes faster than will 64 mph. Looking at it in that perspective it is easy for me to slow down and save some cash in trade for that 8 minutes. (100/64)-(100/70)*60

I also have never in many thousands of miles felt any movement in my single rear wheel tow vehicles from passing semi's or any vehicle. To me the only valid reason to go dually is to get the additional payload for a heavy pinweight. Realize I said "to me", meaning in my opinion. I realize others feel differently and they are entitled to do so.

Dsprik, once I slowed down I also relaxed a lot more. That means I'm more comfortable with stopping more often, which, unfortunately, is something my body requires more of as I age. We like to get out and relax a bit, stretch, walk up and down the rest area, etc. We probably stop more often than most.

Cat320, unfortunately the Megacab has an ultra short bed, considerably shorter than the GM and Ford shortbeds and the other Dodge shortbeds. I suppose it could be used to tow a Montana but there has been lots of questions about suitability for towing fifthwheels. If I had a megacab I definitely would have the automatic superglide slider. I'd be interested in hearing from anyone with experience towing a fifthwheel with the new megacab.
sreigle is offline   Reply With Quote