View Single Post
Old 06-17-2006, 12:00 AM   #25
Glenn and Lorraine
Montana Master

M.O.C. #420
Quote:
quote:Originally posted by Gyro

One thing to remember when choosing a SRW over a DRW is that you will have a few hundred extra pounds of capacity to use however you want.

I like my DRW because it has yet to feel like it's bullied by a passing 18-wheeler. It could be all in my head, for all I know, though. Because, when sitting still, having even a car go by, I can feel the truck moving in the breeze. Just never felt a thing while pulling on the highway.

Plus, somewhere in the back of my head is the idea that should a tire in the back blow, I don't think I'll be scrambling to regain control.

Now, (at the risk of tempting fate,) I'm just wondering how many thousands of miles I'm going to have to pull that extra dually weight, waiting to see if my concern is valid.

Steve
And you won't feel bullied in a SRW either. The "moving in the breeze" when sitting still is normal but I have never experienced any movement at all when being passed on the Interstate by an eighteen wheeler.

Never had a blow-out happen but I feel the sudden weight on the good remaining dually could be pretty much the same effect as having a blow-out with an SWR. I realize the tire is rated to carry the weight but being part of a pair it isn't inflated enough to carry the weight.
Glenn and Lorraine is offline   Reply With Quote