View Single Post
Old 04-27-2020, 09:58 AM   #5
Knight1
Established Member

M.O.C. #25575
TV lift

Part of this is an issue i just spent an hour or so working on this past weekend. Our 2020 3760FL has the Jenson TV on a lift behind the fireplace and it annoyed me the moment i realized i had to hold the remote (and my arm) up in the air to allow the IR receiver to see the remote. No big deal, but one of those things that bugs me once i realize it. I removed the TV (one screw holds a security plate to prevent the tv from lifting off the bracket) and went to work. Turns out after realizing the adjusting collar won't go any higher because of a spot of weld on the screw thread, then grinding enough of the weld off to move the collar up an inch, that the lift actually maxes out at the collar (at the weld). So, my solution was to remove all of the screws and put a piece of 3/4" plywood under the bracket (on the floor), screw everything back in place (measuring before and after to ensure exact placement). Putting it all back together and now the TV is just high enough that i can comfortably use the remote. There's actually enough space between the top of the tv and the wood cover on top that i could have lifted the TV another 1/2"- 3/4" if i really wanted to. As a note, i put a couple of shorter screws into the plywood to keep it in place until i reinstalled the TV lift using screws that were 3/4" longer than the original screws (avoiding any issues with screws that were too long or too short to anchor securely).
That being said, i believe the mounting plate on the TV is a standard VESA 200 which will mount pretty much any larger TV, just keep in mind the screws that are on the Jenson are probably a little longer than some other TV's may be able to accomodate.
Our TV is a 55", but based on the cabinet spacing on either side, as well as the overall height, i don't believe a 60" would fit in the space. Best way to tell is either measure HxWxD of your tv (or google it) and measure how much space you have on either side, as well as on top when the TV is fully retracted and then compare to whatever TV you're looking at. there isn't a significant dimensional difference in any similar sized LED TV available today.

Sorry, i realize i ramble a bit in my explanations
Knight1 is offline   Reply With Quote