View Single Post
Old 01-23-2021, 08:18 PM   #2
rohrmann
Montana Master

M.O.C. #12947
We have had Dish since 2013, and when they originally set the account up, even though we never had a home account, we pay ahead instead of like the accounts that you can manage your locals with the app, so the app is worthless to us. When we arrive in a new location that we will be at for a while, I go on the computer, open up my account and get on their chat. I have a canned beginning:

We are in an RV and have moved to a new location, so we need our service address ONLY changed so we can get the local channels. Our new location is

and I then add the address of our new location. They will ask a few questions, account number, name, maybe something else, and it only takes a couple minutes and they have changed our location. Once this has completed, I always log out and then back in again so I can verify they have actually made the correct changes, including leaving our billing address as it is supposed to be. Very rarely do I have to call again to get corrections made. Sometimes they will say that I can make these changes with their app, and I respond that the account is not set up as an Outdoors RV account. We are full time, so this works for us as we never shut down the service.
rohrmann is offline   Reply With Quote