View Single Post
Old 04-03-2005, 04:41 PM   #22
Paul Severson
Established Member

M.O.C. #2677
Am I glad to hear that others have had this problem. We picked up a new 2955RL in Indiana in March. The first day on the road was fine. Starting late in the day on the second day the Ford (2005) brake controller started to intermittently repord a trlr disconnect error which means no brakes are available from the trlr. This fault would last only seconds and correct itself. We continued as no place to get it repaired. In New Orleans I was able to take the Ford in for a check, answer no problem on our end. I undid the connection box in the kingpin and found a just barely inserted white ground wire in a wirenut. Tightened that and thought that would fix the problem. No dice.

After returing to CA (by the way down Cajon pass) I redid the wire connections at the wheels on the drivers side. The wires are connected with the blue press lock wire connectors and I do not trust them. Put regular wirenuts and tape on the wires. Took it for a 30 mile test drive and I think I have solved the problem. I could not drive any day since this started for 30 miles and not have the problem appear. Also tied the wires to the supporst for the axles to limit movement.

Hope this will help someone.
Paul Severson is offline   Reply With Quote