View Single Post
Old 09-27-2011, 03:10 PM   #6
Mrs. CountryGuy
Montana Master

M.O.C. #6337
Mike,

I am going to guess an answer to your question on why not leave it open.

First, it really is open, it just TIMES out, sorta. That is not the best description of what happens, but, it is the best one I am coming up with at the moment.

This is a great forum, as you are learning, we are so glad to have you here, next, because it is so great, it is kinda a busy forum, LOTS of posts and responses.

If, we left all the posts up all the time and did not hide them behind a clock/time out thingy, the pages would be so long you could not find anything anyway. Ya, we all like to chat and contribute!

I use that drop down arrow quite a bit, and will open it to 2 hours, and if I don't find what I am looking for, I just go back up there, flip open that arrow thingy again and look for a longer time frame, 6 hours, 12 hours, etc.

There is a search function on the forum, but, sometimes it gets pretty silly and persnickity, and frustrates all of us. But, you could try it if you are in the mood (not suggested to try this when you are tired, late at night, wanna know why I say that??? Been there, done that! LOL)

Here is something else you can try, with no guarantees it will work. Save the URL of the specific thread you are reading. COPY/PASTE it to a word processing document, or a sticky note, or a Note Pad note, or something. Do not sign OUT of the forum when you have to leave for a few hours. (In fact, I NEVER sign out) Just close the browser.

Now, when you have time to finish reading where you left off, either Paste that URL back into your browser or if it appears it may be a hot link, click on it and see if it will bring you right back to where you left off.

Good luck, and we look forward to hearing from you. Safe rides.
Mrs. CountryGuy is offline   Reply With Quote