View Single Post
Old 01-21-2014, 05:24 AM   #7
Rainer
Montana Master

M.O.C. #13378
Send a message via MSN to Rainer
Okay....I bit the bullet, I ordered the $1200 version of the Phantom 2 Vision Quadcopter with Integrated FPV Camera.

Investigating the site link I posted yesterday, I discovered the B&H Photo has the second generation of the quadcopter with a built-in 14 mega-pixel camera and a WiFi link to a smartphone so I can actually see what the camera sees with only a 1/10 second delay right on my iPhone 5. This is just about everything I wanted to make flying these things easier.

I've got flying my $50 quadcopter down fairly well, but that's only when flying away from me, since then right is right and left is left, but when it's flying toward me is when I get screwed up because right becomes left, and left become right. But if I can "see" out of the front of the quadcopter I'll have it down pat.

Plus it has a mode that if you let go of all the controls it will stabilize itself and another mode will fly it back to you automatically based on its built-in GPS navigation.

I can't wait to try it out. And yes, I promise to bring it to Quartzsite next year (if I haven't smashed it to smithereens by then).
Rainer is offline   Reply With Quote