View Single Post
Old 09-24-2022, 04:26 PM   #10
Carl n Susan
Site Team

M.O.C. #4831
Quote:
Originally Posted by PNW Fireguy View Post
With all due respect to all posters in the thread if the OP is using a hybrid inverter it will perform load assist. The OP does not indicate if that is what’s in use or not. For example GO Power, Magnum and Victron all make inverter charger models that perform load assist under various marketing terminologies. For Victron users this is a common functionality to run loads exceeding the current limiting settings. 20a mooch docking cord connected, running two AC units and a microwave. The DC system will provide inverted AC power beyond the 20A current limit setting.
And there in lies the problem. What does the OP have? Unfortunately they haven't returned to answer that question.

Based on Post #1, they have a 2022 High Country with the 400 watt solar package. AFAIK, that comes with the standard, limited function, inverter feeding 7 circuits, and the standard converter. The inverter doesn't have load sharing.
Ref: https://www.keystonerv.com/solarflex-400i-overview

There is a an interesting claim in the product description saying "2000-watt inverter w/ built-in transfer switch (up to 7 inverted outlet), second inverted loop for A/C". Later on you find a related(?) statement that "** Second inverter and compatible air conditioner required. See dealer for details.". Not being current on all the solar options offered by Keystone, I am unsure about the AC reference. But knowing Keystone, it means that ain't happening with a stock install.

Having spent a lot of time with you, Drifty1, Ron and Ron, I am aware of the load sharing inverters, I saw first hand Drifty1's experience in Lincoln, NE when the 30 amp power went out with two ACs running. I didn't introduce load sharing into my original response as I am pretty sure it was not an option the OP has currently and definitely makes the discussion more complex.

Carl n Susan is online now   Reply With Quote