View Single Post
Old 08-03-2022, 05:29 PM   #30
juddspaintballs
Established Member

M.O.C. #28167
It's still 95 degrees outside. I hooked up both generators to the Champion parallel kit and then started them up, turned off eco-mode, and plugged in the Montana. I came inside and turned the AC units down so they'd both startup and run. The generators are humming along nicely outside with 3 of 4 bars lit up on the power meter on each. Inside, it sounds like a distant helicopter flying. The fridge is running on AC power. I haven't tried and probably won't try the microwave with both AC units running. I suspect there's still enough wiggle room on those generators to run the electric water heater.

I have two tiny gripes and that is with the parallel kit only. The ground wires attach to the generators with a nut. Either the generator should have a wing nut there or the parallel kit could use some sort of quick ground connection instead of having to get a tool out every time you want to take them apart. The other gripe is that the parallel kit doesn't clamp to the top grab handle on this model like it does on their other models. I'm sure I can retrofit something to work, but I feel like it should fit since that is the parallel kit made for these generators. These Champions use the square plugs for the red/black connections in case anyone else is buying these and wanting to use a different parallel kit than the one Champion sells.
juddspaintballs is offline   Reply With Quote