View Single Post
Old 08-03-2022, 01:34 PM   #22
bcrvman
Montana Master

M.O.C. #26399
Quote:
Originally Posted by juddspaintballs View Post
We've been living in our 350QBQ for about 1.5 years now. It is parked on my parents' farm while we wait to get stuff in order to build a house. We're tied into their house power/water/septic. We lose power at the farm when big storms come through. I have a big military generator on a trailer that I can backfeed their house with to keep them running (interlock in place), but I cannot power my Montana while I'm also powering their house.

I want to get a smaller gasoline generator that will power my entire Montana like I was still plugged into the grid for the few hours we're out of power here and there. I want to be able to run both ACs without modification. Noise really isn't an issue since the big diesel generator will also already be chugging along. It sucks to not have AC in July.

I was looking at a Champion 7000w Inverter generator for about $1100. It has a 30A twist lock plug that says it is capable of 120/240 volts. I assume that generator would be powerful enough to do what I'm asking, but would I be able to wire that correctly to power my Montana fully?
https://smile.amazon.com/Champion-Po...cx_mr_hp_atf_m

Or are there better options available? Weight or noise aren't really an issue, but I would like to stick to an inverter style generator. This generator will be useful for actually building my house, too. It won't go to waste once we're no longer living in this Montana.
Remember you are on 2 x 50A which is substantially more than 1 x 30A. RV's with full power backup use 12,000 watt although 7,000 will probably get you by. Just don't use the microwave if the AC is on unless you opt for the 12,000.
3,000 watt hybrid inverter with 120A charger
bcrvman is offline   Reply With Quote