View Single Post
Old 12-18-2020, 06:28 AM   #4
DutchmenSport
Montana Master

M.O.C. #22835
ChaseTX,

If you purchased 2 of the "portable" on wheels Cummings Onan P4500i Generator and you are planning on putting them in that front cargo bay of your Montana Fifth Wheel, you will only be able to put 1 in there, but not both. There is simply not enough space. The front storage space is wide enough for both of them side by side, but not deep enough. One will fit turned sideways, but both will not. I've tried.

I carry mine in the bed of my pick-up truck. I've tried all kinds of things to transport mine, and this is the best place to transport them for me. They sit nearest the tail gate, one on each side so the fifth wheel king pin will pass between them very comfortably. Lock your tail gate while hitched to the trailer and they are next to impossible to steal, unless someone destroys your tail gate or just drives off with your entire rig.

Yes, they are heavy, near 100 pounds DRY. Add oil and about 3 gallons of fuel and they are really heavy for an average overweight, 65 year old geezer with missing original body parts to lift.

Here's how I get mine in the bed of my pick-up. It works. The ramps cost about $100, fold in half, and found they come in handy for more than just getting the generators in the bed of the truck.

DutchmenSport is offline   Reply With Quote