View Single Post
Old 02-06-2008, 08:21 AM   #13
bsmeaton
Montana Master

M.O.C. #6109
I agree totally Fire5er. It makes me sad to see all the trouble with Apollo ovens, DVD, frames, cabinets, etc.

I could never try to outguess the business, but I suspect the board meetings go something like this:

"Advisor - sir, we still have a 50% rate of return on the Apollo 1/2 time microwave "

"Boss - and what is Apollo doing about this? "

"Advisor - so far they have been able to keep up with the warranty and are doing so direct with the customers and dealers. They are hoping to introduce a new 23" model in October "

"Boss - whats my production run out with the current Apollo? "

"Advisor - We have 52,000 ovens in que, so the new oven won't show in production until mid 2009 on the Montana, Mountaineer, and Cougar "

"Boss - What is the customer base feedback say?"

"Advisor - Frustration sir, about 12% negative "

"Boss - What is Big Horn doing about it? "

"Advisor - Nothing sir, Big Horn still uses the Apollo in their two new floorplans introduced last month "

"Boss - Bottom line, what is the cost per unit to surplus the existing inventory of Apollo and switch to the new line now?

"Advisor - Considering engineering changes, procurement, and surplus return, approximately $136 per unit over 18 months, above the cost of the oven itself "

"Boss - And I would do this........why? "

"Advisor - As long as the manufacturer continues to resolve - there is no reason sir "

"Boss - Very well, lets move on to the new remote system you are all excited about! Bottom line, what is Big Horn doing and what are your projections for customer appeal and increased sales for the Montana line..............."

I think they operate the same way as the competitor.
bsmeaton is offline   Reply With Quote