View Single Post
Old 02-06-2008, 07:31 AM   #12
Fire5er
Montana Master

M.O.C. #3403
bsmeaton I understand where you are coming from, but I really think Keystone needs to step up and recognize the enduring theme here is poor quality in the product the vendor is providing them and that they have to put their name on and thus their liability. There are just too many issues popping up with our units. Just like the numerous issues with the suspension spring shackles. I agree with snfexpress that there should be a NHTSA recall on this issue, and Keystone should be the one to take the lead. I know Keystone doesn’t manufacture the frames, axles, and suspension system on our units… but they are on their product and it is their product that may cause death or injury should this system catastrophically fail due to the shackle plates breaking. I had a shackle plate break the first day out with my less than two week old unit. And then I read here that many others have had are or having similar problems. Don’t get me wrong…I LOVE MY MONTANA 3400RL, but I just think that Keystone needs to do a better job of ensuring trusted and proven equipment. And when the equipment that they employ on their units fails help the owner with getting the issues corrected via their vendors.
Fire5er is offline   Reply With Quote