View Single Post
Old 11-11-2018, 07:25 PM   #57
woodman
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #12256
Auxiliary tank

For the weekend traveler or short trips, an auxiliary tank is hard to justify. We travel from WI to SW Florida and back each winter season, roughly a 1400-1500 mile trip. We make about 3 overnights along the way and other than an occasional rest stop, we stay on the road. I had a 2011 F-350 diesel truck with a 26 gallon built in tank and added an RDS 45 gallon gravity fed tank to give me extended travel. Recently traded for a 2017 F-350 with a 34 gallon on-board tank, but still kept the aux. tank, because 34 gallons is not enough and thus am never forced to have to make a fuel stop I don't want. I bought the tank from Harbor Freight for roughly $500, so there is a cost, and it's a job attaching the tank and connecting to the fill tube, but once accomplished, it's all worth it. I attach the tank in such a manner that I can remove it at the end of each season plus the hitch is attached to the puc system and as a result, I have a clean bed. BTW, you don't have to fill the aux. tank, but adding another 20 gallons or more, gives you more choices.
woodman is offline   Reply With Quote