View Single Post
Old 08-01-2005, 03:27 PM   #41
Montana_1240
Montana Master

M.O.C. #1240
Rich,

Well, we went to Town & Country RV in Clyde, OH, today. Didn’t get a chance to talk to Bill. I think the service guy’s name was Virgil, but I’m not sure. He was a bit standoffish.

He started by looking at the truck for a problem. When I told him no Ford dealer’s checked the truck, because they blame the trailer, and that most of the problems seem to be in the trailer’s wheels, he reluctantly said he’d take the Monty’s wheels off.

We left for a while, (he had moved it to the shop, and didn’t seem happy to have me standing around,) we stopped back to see him putting the left rear tire back on, complaining about the amount of grease it had in the hub, for starters. I asked him if he’d make sure the brakes were adjusted when he was through, he looked at me strangely, and I think he said he doesn’t do that. (Bear in mind my hearing stinks, and the shop was a bit noisy. I just didn’t press it.)

Since we had some time on our hands, we drove up to Sandusky, and there we went to Cedar Point for a look at the scenery. Got a Voice Mail message saying it was ready, an hour and a half after they started! But they also said they couldn’t find any problem.

They did move the left side fender fare back a bit, as I had asked, since it was installed too far forward, and was rubbing on the front tire when I went over big bumps.

We drove by a long route back to Leafy Oak Campgrounds, (nice place, by the way, as you said,) and didn’t see a single Trailer Disconnect fault. I don’t feel confident with it, yet, of course. But it would have come on in that short a drive if whatever was bugging it was still the same. It had been going nuts halfway to T & C.

We’re headed toward Pennsylvania and New York, tomorrow. I’ll know, probably before we park for the night, if it’s still a problem. At that point, I’m going to Ford, with the T & C paperwork, showing that they had checked the trailer. It may take us going back to the place I bought it, (both truck and trailer,) to get this settled, at this rate. But if it isn’t fixed, I don’t think I need to be hill climbing to the Reno Rally. And that will really and truly irritate us!

I’ll update this as I get new info.

Oh, and Rich, I didn't see any Montys around. They did have a couple Mountaineer fivers, up front, though.

Steve
Montana_1240 is offline   Reply With Quote