View Single Post
Old 11-21-2022, 07:57 AM   #1
OldJimi
Established Member

M.O.C. #31788
'22 Montana 3231CK Notes

My wife and I purchased our '22 Montana 3231CK in August and started full timing. We had a previous 5er that we lived in for a few months during a move. We had talked about full timing several times through the years and finally decided we had to do it now or give up any hope of ever doing so. We at our 3rd park since our new beginning and are enjoying it so far,

My wife and I also purchased a 2022CK though we've been full timing for a little over five years. We used to live in an Arctic Fox fiver. I'd like to share notes.

Ours came with a Norcold 2118 fridge which is a beautiful huge stainless thing. While it is a beautiful fridge, it just didn't work well if the outside temps were above 90. And it was a power/propane hog. We installed one of the JC Refrigeration cooling units that is a two compressor vapor compression (residential style) that runs on 12 volt. It works great. Freezer stays between -5 and 0 and fridge is 32-38 degrees. It draws about 11 amps. We use between 300-400 ah a day of power... which a LOT more than our Fox ever used.

We learned the hard way that we have to carefully sweep the floors before moving the slides. We have a damage spot due to a rock on our flooring that the dealer wants 1400 dollars to repair.

We have 1400 watts of solar and 600ah of lithium Lifeblue batteries (two 300ah batteries).

Our closet doors stick really really bad. If wife opens the doors she can't close them. I need to take some sandpaper to the lower door guides.

Every other time our living room TV is turned on it has no sound. We have to turn it off, rest it for a moment and then turn it on. It's a pita.

A couple blinds don't work right, and a bedroom blind doesn't roll up.

Otherwise we love our home. But getting service after the sale isn't easy. The dealer is really good at ignoring me and breaking promises. I would not recommend this trailer due to the pitiful service from the Keystone dealer in Lewiston Idaho. I love it otherwise.

I'd love to hear about your experiences with this beautiful fiver.

Cheers
Tom
B&W puck system hitch