View Single Post
Old 04-08-2008, 11:20 AM   #8
bsmeaton
Montana Master

M.O.C. #6109
Joe,

I think Margee was being sarcastic. IF your 2006 Montana was equipped with the generator Prep option, you will have the transfer switch and pushbutton breakers already installed in the forward compartment, a heat shroud already installed in the front compartment that isolates the generator from anything else in the compartment, and an Onan Start/Stop switch and hour meter in the front closet.

All Montanas have the template, whether they were equipped with the generator prep or not.

I installed my Onan myself, and all I had to do was cut out the template, bolt in the generator, connect the harness to the two breakers, connect the start switch harness to the generator, bolt on the muffler and tailpipe, and connect the LP from the pipe plug intalled in the line for the generator prep. I ran no wiring - it was already done.

Generator prep is a $700 option, so I assure you it includes more than that template. The problem is that if you don't have the Prep, it is much more expensive to retrofit it in after the coach is already built.
bsmeaton is offline   Reply With Quote