View Single Post
Old 02-16-2008, 03:35 AM   #17
Waynem
Montana Master

M.O.C. #7673
Jerry,
I had designs on the 14 footer also. After going to the Houston RV Show and seeing the 10 footer (10' 6") and talking to Ken Scully I opted for the 10 footer. It has 3 seats and will meet our needs of the two of us and the dog. It actually will hold more.

Figure $150 off price, plus some free-bees such as oars. After looking at the 10 footer, I really decided that the 14 footer was a little to much. I'm not into deep sea fishing so I will not be going out 26 miles but just staying along the coast line and in lakes. Granted, some of the lakes in Texas are huge and wind chop can get you if you are not careful, but all of the Porta-bote's will float even filled with water. Not that I ever plan on testing that theory.

I'll wager that if you call them, you will get the Show prices over the phone. Just need to decide what size. I also got the 5 hp Nissan motor. It has some stainless steel lower end pieces that were attractive considering rust and wear factor.

Hey, we were thinking of taking a trip down FL way. If I parked next to you, we could get double the labor for the price of one!!!

Edited: Found my paper work:
I'll base this on the 14 footer
Cost $2395
Sale Price $1799
Additional rebate $150
Total $1649
Free 2 step EZ Boat Opener
Free Oars
Free shipping

I was also told that gas tanks would be added. All I would have to do when it arrived was add gas and go. Of course, I had to ask him if I had to open it first.

Additional Edit: Trivia: I have read that of all the lakes in Texas, the only natural lake is Caddo Lake. Half of it is in Louisiana.

"Though Caddo is the state’s only “natural” lake, Texas has more lakes than Minnesota, thanks to man-made reservoirs."
Waynem is offline   Reply With Quote