Thread: Black tank info
View Single Post
Old 10-14-2020, 12:53 PM   #104
Rhonda H

M.O.C. #25433
We have a 2020 384BR which has 2 tanks at the front, one grey and one black, and one grey at the back -- all 3 are 49 gals.
The front tanks have a full perimeter mounting boss that sticks out about an inch and a half from the side of the tank.
The tanks' inside bosses are supported/held up by 2 angle irons.
Just had the under-belly off for the following work (I know, it's got warranty but they would not have fixed half of what I did and I found most of this stuff once the under-belly was off):
1. I glued one tank heater back on that was not glued properly from factory.
2. Removed the 2 front tank valves (4 bolts each) to find the 3" tank holes about half blocked off with yellow plumber's glue, the tanks would never have drained properly.
3. Bore-scoped the internals -- all good and level probes clean -- a probe is basically just the head of the machine screw that is basically flush with the inside of the tank wall, with the threads on the
outside of the tank, which the wires are installed on.
4. Re-routed the front grey tank valve cable -- it was pinched between the tanks' 2 angle irons and the frame/floor above and routed between the toilet stack and vent stack of the black tank. Now the cable works freely.
So these tanks are fully supported on both sides by angle irons.
There are 2 straps, welded from one frame rail to the other, under the tanks but they don't contact the tanks and therefore do not support them, but would if the angle irons came off or broke.
Rhonda H is offline   Reply With Quote