Thread: Rainer STs ?
View Single Post
Old 01-25-2022, 08:21 AM   #20
PSFORD99
Montana Master

M.O.C. #9051
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dam Worker View Post
It always amazes me that some people only look at an issue with there own personal experience. I think that is a good starting point but you should also look at the big picture of everyone else’s experience. I had what was considered China bombs on my unit, probably way worse than your Rainier's. In my research it seemed to indicate that the primary tire failure issues were speed and weight. In my humble opinion it is logical that tires that are overloaded and or pulled over their respective speed rating are certainly more subject to failure especially when both of those subjects are in play. I haven’t seen the (Rainier) name mentioned near as much as some others in tire failures. I have even had a Michelin Tire fail on the rear of my old TV and I prefer Michelin over most other tires.
I was a proponent of Sailun tires before they became wildly popular so I will go out on a limb and say that their failure rate was extremely rare until the batch of tires manufactured in Vietnam. In my defense I was ready to shell out the big bucks for Goodyear tires until I really noticed just how many failures had happened and continued to happen. Yes Goodyear usually stood behind their tire but that doesn’t help you when you are stranded along side of the road. The Sailun tires had almost a perfect record for years and yes mine are still on my Montana. Run the Rainiers until you are ready to switch to another tire. Just remember the two rules of overloaded and over the speed rating. I wish you well and happy and safe roads to you.

Tom Marty

I agree, have said this for several years ,when the Goodyear fan club get on here ,and start pushing them. Until this Vietnam thing ,Sailun have a much better track record than Goodyear .
PSFORD99 is offline   Reply With Quote