Thread: Rainer STs ?
View Single Post
Old 01-25-2022, 07:30 AM   #19
Lee-CI
Montana Master

M.O.C. #30262
Quote:
Originally Posted by FastLane5 View Post
I’ve read the posts on the Sailin tires and recalls etc. we picked up our new Montanta 281CK “baby house” and we’re looking to take our 3rd camping trip to Tampa this weekend. I’ve been told factory tires are “China Bombs” and should be replaced.
We visited a tire shop about 100 miles after we took delivery of our new 5th wheel and the shop manager said he wouldn’t feel good about selling me new tires when these were just fine.
Can anyone provide some insight on what we should do? I want to have some level of confidence we’re safe on the road with these tires.
We have Rainer ST on the side walls . Says “made in China”
As a fellow new forum member, I hope you can appreciate the vast amount of knowledge - i.e. experience - as I do, as well as opinions. Like you i've read a lot about the Rainer tires in this and other forums. As for myself, I've made the decision to run our G rated Raniers for a good while. Hopefully our TPMS shows up by the time we return to our S&B. I don't hitch up to our HC without checking the air pressure on both the TV and fiver. We are also not the least bit uncomfortable with keeping our speeds down. Whether two or four lane highways, other folks can go around us as they please and we will assist them if safe to do so on two lane roads which we actually prefer. Each fuel or rest stop we check the tire, brake and hub temps with an infared temp gun. I'll report back with issues if any are incurred. Thanks folks for your input.
Happy camping from Bellah Mine COE campground in Southwest Arkansas!
Lee-CI is offline   Reply With Quote