View Single Post
Old 02-12-2015, 02:41 AM   #16
JandC
Montana Master

M.O.C. #13272
After taking additional photographs of my staples and sending them to my dealer (Lazy Days), and having them submit additional paperwork to Keystone, I received an e-mail from Keystone Customer Service Rep Jamie Salazar yesterday. He simply stated that my staple documentation was now in my "file" and that if I wanted them to consider a repair I would need to have a dealer submit paperwork. This may not seem like much of an accomplishment to some, but since Keystone claimed to have never had knowledge of my staple problem prior to my warranty expiring, this was a huge mile stone for me!

Jimmer, when I was taking the new photos and inspecting the roof I noticed that the plastic (or possibly thin metal) curved edge piece on the sides under the roof membrane was raised. On mine this has caused the rubber roof to actually have raised unglued portions. Like you, I would guess the correct method to fix this problem would be to take side molding off, pull the membrane back, screw down the curved piece, and then glue the membrane back down.

It sure is good news to anyone purchasing a new 2015 that Keystone finally started using screws instead of staples!