View Single Post
Old 08-14-2014, 08:25 AM   #3
bncinwv
Montana Master

M.O.C. #6846
Bill, the way I did it was to tape the entire decal (wax paper and all) into place with a bunch of masking tape to get the alignment right before doing the decal application. I did the installation dry, but a wet installation will let you do some alignment during the installation process. I would then loosen one half of the decal to be applied and cut the wax paper beneath the decal to start the application from the middle to the end. I then would repeat the application process on the other half. May not be the way others have done it, but it worked well for me. Hardest part is trying to keep the decal in the same previous spot so that there are no shiny places on the cap showing where the previous decal was. I also used a pencil to outline parts of the old decal prior to removal, but found that it was not needed since it will be very evident where the placement of the new one will be. Ours was a 2007 also that I replaced the front cap decals on.
Bingo

Bingo and Cathy - Our adventures begin in the hills of WV. We are blessed by our 2014 3850FL Big Sky (previous 2011 3750FL and 2007 3400RL) that we pull with a 2007 Chevy Silverado Classic DRW CC dually.
bncinwv is offline   Reply With Quote