Thread: Real length?
View Single Post
Old 03-18-2015, 05:00 AM   #1
BB_TX
Montana Master

M.O.C. #6433
Real length?

Our plans for purchasing a new Monte are on hold for at least a few months. But I am planning a new shop/garage/storage building for the Monte, my truck, and shop area. I am trying to decide just how deep the new buildig should be.

I want the building long enough to handle a larger model, but no longer than is really necessary as it will already be pretty large building. Planning on a raised center aisle clear span "horse barn" type building with the Monte in the high center, truck on one side, shop area on the other, storage behind both truck and shop areas.

The current Monte is only listed at 34'-8". But looking at new ones in the 39' range. But if the web site list a length as 39'-1" from the center of the pin to the back of the rear bumper, just how much longer is it really from the frontmost edge of the pin box to rearmost edge? And that is assuming the pin box extends forward of the nose cap and ladder extends back of the rear bumper.

Anyone actually measured theirs and compared to the listed lengths? Actual model is still undecided and extra lengths may vary among models, but would like to get an idea of just how much to allow.
BB_TX is offline   Reply With Quote