View Single Post
Old 06-14-2014, 03:36 PM   #1
napria
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #14116
Some observations on the 3850FL

As I packed and loaded up the 3850 for what I'm considering our first real trip in it a few things have crossed my mind...

I liked the floorplan when I first saw it on Keystone's website. I immediately noticed the door on the opposite side of the coach, which I now think of as the back door. I thought it would be "nice" since our fifthwheel has always sat in the driveway, which is to the left of our house. Loading it up for the first time for a real trip, I can tell you it's better than "nice". It's fantastic not to have to walk around to the other door as I carry load after load of groceries, clothes, etc.!

The shower is too small.

The bed is engineered to push the bottom half of wardrobe in about 6" when both slides are in. Now I know how the bedspread keeps getting pinched in the wardrobe!

I love that when I'm in bed I can look out my window and see my front door. I also love the spaciousness of the rear bedroom and that HUGE picture window.

After reading a question on another thread about whether you can sleep with the bed slide in, I considered it after sliding the slides in. I could, but it would be tight.

Front lounge fifth wheels are a good transition from a bunkhouse to a couples coach, especially when you still need to sleep two mostly grown teens.

I hope to keep this fifthwheel for a long, long time. It's a great floorplan with a beautiful interior.

Just some musings on the eve of our big trip.
napria is offline   Reply With Quote