Thread: Near Miss!!!
View Single Post
Old 05-11-2014, 02:25 AM   #1
bullroc3
Montana Master

M.O.C. #7122
Near Miss!!!

Last Thursday, Judy and I made the trip to Syracuse Camping World to have some items repaired, replaced, and adjusted. We finally got the scratched microwave replaced along with a rusting scare light and a missing decal. They did adjust the slide toppers as I requested 11 months ago.

Just south of Syracuse on Interstate 81, we were passed by a tractor trailer. I noticed that the rear right hand mudflap was wrapped over the top of the rear duals on the trailer and the inside rear tire was gone except for a sidewall. He zoomed by and was out of harms way quickly. I thought "Don't want to be too close to him!!". We proceeded to wind our way through Syracuse and jumped on the ramp leading to Interstate 690 and Camping World. After getting on 690, guess who was in front of us!! Yep the same truck. We followed him for about a quarter mile and this little voice said that I better get out from behind him. We were both in the center lane so I moved to the right hand lane to pass him. Just as I got up along side of him, about door to door, BOOM!!!!!! Loudest bang ever!!!. Judy jumped and I looked in my side mirror to see smoke and chunks of rubber occupying the space that we had just vacated 30 seconds before. It scared the life out of us. Yep, he blew out one or more of his tires. I pulled over just down the road to check for damage and to my amazement, NOTHING!!!! Thank you Lord!!!! That would have surely put a crimp in our plans for the summer.

Judy's advice to all - NEVER FOLLOW A TRACTOR TRAILER WITH A MISSING TIRE!!