View Single Post
Old 05-26-2015, 03:13 PM   #19
Charli
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #14048
Customer service is dead and not just with RV Dealers and Manufacturers, but with most companies. Blame it on technology de-personalizing the company/customer relationship ( eg. call centres and voice mail), or ultra competitive pricing as a result of the Internet and the global marketplace resulting in narrow profit margins and cutting quality and after sales service or any number of changes in our world in the past 30 years.
Since I retired I have become much more sensitive to poor customer service and find it in most of my day to day experiences. Perhaps I just have too much time on my hands. I think it's important to support places that do go that extra mile for the customer even if they are a little more expensive. Also use forums like this to provide kudos to companies providing good customer service and expose those that don't.
In that vein we had a brake failure in our trailer In early April and dropped in to Four Seasons RV just outside of Denver. It was late in the afternoon and they were very busy with locals getting their units ready for the upcoming camping season. They freed up a tech to diagnose our problem, shoehorned us into their service dept the next morning and we were on the road by noon. Very appreciative of the way we were treated.
Now if I could just get my satellite TV provider to put someone in their call centre who speaks English and was more concerned about resolving my issues than up selling me to a more expensive package.
Charli is offline   Reply With Quote